Tuesday, March 15, 2005

first post

Welcome to M. and Sacha's blog. We're going to chronicle our adventures as we start seriously trying to have a baby.

Some background. We're a girl-girl couple who have been together for 12+ years. Lucky that we were mere pups when we first laid eyes on each other, othewise we'd be old by now. M. is saving the world as a non-profit worker. Sacha is a nursing student, soon to graduate and become a full-fledged BSN trained RN. She wants to be a labor and delivery nurse. Yay! We live in Seattle and have four cats: Tamu, Mischa, Sophie and Zoe. M. thinks the higher number of animals one owns, the more they need a baby.

Where are we in the process? Sacha wakes up every morning at 5 am to take her temperature, charts it and tracks her cervical mucus. We have 1.5 months of data so far. M.'s job is researcher. She is tasked with finding out all the information possible. And she is also the Project Manager, which means she nags me about checking my mucus at work. Where do I work? I work at a hospital, and not just any hospital, but one that is chock full of disgusting resistant bugs. This means I have to stick my fingers up my vagina and possibly give myself some nice resistant staph. It's a point of contention.

By the way, this blog will be written mainly by me (Sacha) and I don't plan to shy away from terms such as CERVICAL MUCUS or VAGINA.

Anyway, we're tracking. The plan is to start insemination in January. It's been 1.5 months and we're already at each others throats. This is mostly because being in school leave me with little time to think about baby, and M. working part time leaves her LOTS. Clash of the titans.

1 Comments:

At 4/19/2005 5:34 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Good luck! I linked to your blog for the FF site. Beautiful colors and drawings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home