Monday, May 09, 2005

More news...

...and I have a job! I'll be working on a medicine floor - geri/HIV/AIDS/palliative care and even some oncology. It's an EVENING shift, so no nights for this girl. Even better for getting pregnant. That's my big secret.

I'm nervous about nursing (as in being an RN) and being pregnant. Working eight hour shifts should help, but being on my feet that long will increase the chance of preterm labor. And nursing is dangerous. Patients can get violent. You can injure just about any part of your body. I think I'll be glad when it's all over.

I'll be especially glad when I get it all over and we have a healthy little baby.

1 Comments:

At 7/02/2005 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for jobs...I started applying 4 months before graduation, and interviewing 2 months before, and didn't get a job until 3 weeks after pinning. I too will be starting med/surg (uro/ gyn), but I luckily get to work night-shift 12 hours! Since I won't be the one carrying a baby...I get off pretty easy I think!

Saw this off the fertility friend site, thought I would check it out!
Shawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home