Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The High Cost of Nursing

I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to be pregnant and be a nurse at the same time. Stressful jobs equal preterm labor. It's not a guarantee but sitting on my ass for nine hours a day would be safer for our future child versus running my ass off and trying to balance a million different things, let alone having people's lives in my hands. I don't know if M. and I could afford for me to go to part time but I may have to in order to keep our baby healthy. I guess we can figure it out.

The nice thing about nursing is you can do it in a million different ways. I could look for temp work somewhere besides the busiest hospital in the Seattle Metro Area. I'm just going to trust things will work out.

1 Comments:

At 12/19/2005 11:01 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Our good friend is a nurse. She works in maternity caring for women recovering from C-sections. Not as stressful as some nursing jobs, but she is on her feet all night. She managed to keep working up through the last couple of weeks of her pregnancy, and she was working graveyards.

So, not knowing you at all, I'd still like to say that I'm sure (barring complications) that you'll be able to do it. You'll probably just be tired all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home