Friday, December 09, 2005

I am a GIANT GIRL

Hello my dearies.

I'm writing from GIANT GIRL land (GG land). In GG Land you sit around wringing your hands waiting for HIM to call. You wonder what HE's doing. How HE's feeling. You analyze every little action, every little non-action. You continously rise from the pit of despair to heights unimaginable.

I haven't sunk to listening to sad love songs quite yet.

Is it only a matter of time? When you are stuck in GG Land are you facing a destiny whose course cannot be changed? Are you at the whims of your gender and social conditioning? In other words, can you make a decision just not to be a giant girl, to handle what life gives you with grace and aplomb?

I'm fucking 34 years old. For almost thirteen of those I escaped GG Land through the beautiful, sometimes perilous, passage of marriage. But I now realize there is no escape because deep down in my heart....I AM A GIANT GIRL.

2 Comments:

At 12/10/2005 11:35 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12/10/2005 11:38 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Well, at least you're not this giant girl...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home