Thursday, March 01, 2007

35 Weeks Today!

This is kind of an eventful turnover.

I know that 34 weeks is the milestone, but for us, it's 35. Because at this point if my blood pressure spikes, LB is coming out. No more interventions. No IV blood pressure meds and monitoring. He's okay enough that if something goes wrong it's better for him to come out than stay all snug inside. It would be induction on my so-not-ready-cervix.

Yikes.

Are we ready? Hell NO! I'm still mentally working through the fact that the baby inside my tummy will be on the outside. It's wonderous. It's hella scary. The crib still isn't here (okay, we don't really NEED it since we're cosleeping, but....). The house is a MESS. Our hospital bag isn't packed.

Are all those other people liars? You know, the ones who blissfully look at you, rub their overly swollen bellies and declare that they are actually READY? Or are we just incredibly lame? Or do we refuse to do what we need to do until under pressure?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US?????????

Poor LB, doomed to a life of chaos with the Uber Unprepared Lesbians. At least it feels that way at the moment.

6 Comments:

At 3/01/2007 11:49 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

We felt exactly the same way when it looked like our baby was coming early (he didn't, in the end.) We didn't have our hospital bag packed until probably a couple of days before my partner gave birth, we realized about a week before the due date that we didn't have enough newborn clothes and had to run out and buy some, etc. It's stressful, but as long as you have everything that you need to have for when he arrives, you can worry about everything else after (and get people to run around for you! :)

Congrats on both 34 and 35 weeks.

 
At 3/01/2007 3:20 PM, Blogger Mo said...

Well, you are WAY more prepared than we ever were. Our son's room wasn't painted, the bag wasn't packed, the carseat wasn't installed, and he was only 5 days early, so it's not like we were caught be surprise. But, you know, everything was just fine in those early days anyway. Most people who came by asked us if we needed anything, and usually we didn't, but they were VERY willing to pick up an overlooked item here or there. Life in the slow lane was just fine for us. Congrats on arriving at 35 weeks!

 
At 3/02/2007 1:33 AM, Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

Phew! What a relief to be in the "safety zone" hey? It won't take you long to pack the hospital bag, and that's more important than the crib because what if you have to go in without any clean underwear or nice soap or anything? Yech. Even if you just put together 1/3 of the stuff at a time then it will only take you three days to put it together. Make sure you put in some nice things for yourself so you have some comforts of home. And some of those slim-line maternity pads instead of those horrible surfboards they give you. My MIL gave me the most beautiful aromatherapy products for my birthday and I've purposefully saved them for my hospital bag so I've got stuff that doesn't smell like hospitals. I think you and I have had enough of hospital smell!

 
At 3/02/2007 7:17 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Nah, you're spot on. Lauren was born on her due date. My bag wasn't packed (did that while I was labouring), her room wasn't painted, the furniture was still in boxes, the car seat wasn't installed....etc.

Enjoy your last few weeks...life is going to be changing soon enough.

 
At 3/02/2007 12:21 PM, Blogger Tamsin said...

I only started "feeling" ready a couple of weeks ago - and I don't think that it was any coincidence that this was also the time I started listening to a birth preparation hypnotherapy CD (better late than never!). The bag(s) have been packed for weeks though. There are still things I could do to be more ready than I am, but they really aren't all that significant, and frankly, I just can't be arsed to do anything much anymore ;o)

I did think that I would start trying natural stuff to induce labour as soon as I hit 38 weeks, but it just didn't feel right. Now that I've hit 40 wks it does - mainly because I don't want to run any risk of being chemically induced!

 
At 3/02/2007 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are doing great and everything will fall into place.

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home