Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Naked Night Nursing

The other night Finn's dipe leaked. We usually find this out when we unzip his sleep sack to bring him into bed with us and are (un)pleasantly surprised with wet PJs. Yay.

So M. proceeded to go grab a diaper while I nursed our sleeping boy. We then very carefully peeled him out of his jammies and proceded to do a 100% sleeping diaper change. All went well...

Except...

At some point Finn ended up naked and he LIKED it. Here we are trying to diaper him and he's all curled into the fetal position, naked against my belly and completely and utterly happy. It was so sweet because it reminded me of our tiny boy we brought home over eight months ago.

At the same time...

I wasn't entirely thrilled about the increased risk of being urinated on. I enjoyed the sweetness of the moment then we unfurled his little legs and put that dipe back on.

3 Comments:

At 12/12/2007 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait til he learns to start taking stuff off himself. I had just put a diaper on my then 6 month old and laid him in the crib so that I could use the bathroom. I came back to his room to find him smiling happily up at me butt naked. The diaper stays on when he of course has clothes on but that time is limited since he can get his arms out of his shirt but can't yet get the shirt off his head.

 
At 12/12/2007 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finn LOVES being naked. It's his original state and he does what he can to get back to it. The other night he was crawling around with just babylegs on, bits dangling, happy as can be!

 
At 12/12/2007 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just reading an article in some parenting magazine about the benefits of kangaroo care - nursing skin to skin and reclining to let the babe have his belly on yours while you nurse. I think it's great if you can manage it, but I'd put the diaper back on him too! It sounds like a sweet moment for you all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home