Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nightmare Nights

Finn was a good sleeper for a month. Then he wasn't, but it's usually not a big deal because we get him out of the crib and bring him into the bed, sidelie nurse, and it's all nice and snuggly.

The one constant about babies is change.

The last couple nights have been rough. Made rougher by the fact that I'm still sick and can't shake this bug if I can't sleep. Finn has been going down as usual. Then we wakes up in a couple hours, as usual. Then 3 am hits and all hell breaks loose. He wakes up crying, digging his head into the bed, unable to settle. Then the crying turns into red faced, scrunched up wailing. He pinches us, screams, digs at us with his feet. Teething tablets, teething drops then finally Motrin are used. Sometimes that works. Then last night he was restless despite our efforts. At one point he finally fell asleep kneeling next to me in the bed with his head resting on my belly, only to wake again 30 minutes later. We didn't get him back down until 7:00 and then he woke for the day at 7:48.

Wahhhhhh.

Thoughts of Baby Cabo are returning. Surely Finn needs a nice little vacation to a warm sunny spot WITHOUT us. It's certainly better than M.'s suggestion of putting a baby gate on the porch and leaving him there overnight.

The top two teeth are officially fucking mother fuckers. We hate them.

Not looking for solutions here. Just need to whine a bit. I know he'll get through this, and so will we, and we'll get back to our "blissful" nights of feeding every 3-4 hours. But I have to go back to work tomorrow and I need to feel better because I'm depleting my sick time.

2 Comments:

At 11/28/2007 7:21 PM, Blogger party b said...

teething sucks.

 
At 11/30/2007 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're totally going through the same thing. Top teeth SUCK!! I can see them up there, but they haven't popped through yet. Rowan has been doing the same thing, up in the middle of the night, crying, digging her head into us, abusing us, and even falling asleep on her knees on my belly as well. Rest when you can, Rowan usually takes a good nap in the morning and I rest with her so I have some energy during the day. She's sleeping now...must run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home