Monday, November 26, 2007

New Glasses!

New Glasses, originally uploaded by Sacha Digi.

I admit it. I love my glasses. Thank goodness I'm blind as a bat, otherwise I'd never know the joy of wearing them. Okay, it's not all that and a bag of chips, but having kick-ass urban chic specs makes it all so much better.

It's time for my next pair. I've had the current pair for almost five years and I still lurve them but I need something new.

M., Finn and I made a trip to my favorite high-end jaw-dropping spec shop, Market Optical (yes, Seattleites, I know Eyes on Fremont has better pricing but I love the service at Market Optical so I keep going back), and picked out three possible pairs. From top to bottom:

1. Futurama. These look almost like I should be flying a spaceship. The side benie is that I can futher my existance as an OUT lesbian by announcing it via the cool lilac accents on my glasses..

2. Orange Crush. Bold and orangy, these go nicely with my hair. The frames are plastic but the arms are bright orange TITANIUM. Sizzle!

3. Eyes of Titanium. Super light and strong titanium frames in a bronzish brown are spiced up with moss green plastic arms with mod accent roundish squares Devo would be proud of.

Opinions?????? What do you think?????? Click on the pic for a bigger view.

10 Comments:

At 11/26/2007 11:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i like #3

 
At 11/26/2007 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

definitely the orange crush!! not so keen on the pair in the top pic, so number 3 would be second choice :)

 
At 11/27/2007 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with #2. I like the orange! Plus, you look super happy to be wearing them in the pic. ;)

Janet

 
At 11/27/2007 7:03 AM, Blogger sara said...

Number 2!! Number 2!!!

 
At 11/27/2007 8:04 AM, Blogger fortune_cookie said...

orange crush is it! they frame your face the best and the color is perfect for your hair/complexion.

 
At 11/27/2007 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say number 2! The color is great; they seem to rest well on your nose (this is a big issue for me with glasses), and they compliment your facial structure nicely.

 
At 11/27/2007 11:08 AM, Blogger Heather said...

i have to agree - you look so happy in orange crush - plus, they'll match your diaper bag. ha, ha...just what you were looking for, I'm sure!

by the way, I also love Market Optical. Service - A+ and options are incredible.

hope you all are doing well.

HH

 
At 11/27/2007 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote in this order - #2, #3, #1. The pair in the top pic just look too "cold" for me, and I like the bottom pair but #2 just looks SO you!!

 
At 11/27/2007 1:12 PM, Blogger A said...

New glasses?! How FUN!!!!

Hmmm, I love the color and tad different shape of the orange crush ones, but the plastic worries me. Does Finn go after your glasses at all? Ever?

If that's a non-issue, go with the orange ones. If it's possibly an issue, go w/ the titanium ones. Gotta love super light and durable.

My last titanium ones lasted a good 5-6 years. Now I'm in love with my 2.3's by Eyephorics. They are Sooooo light it's like wearing nothing at all.
:-)

 
At 11/27/2007 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like orange crush

 

Post a Comment

<< Home