Tuesday, February 26, 2008

...and the story continues...

It's funny when you realize that your life has become one where you sit around waiting for your son to poop.

The sick train has not left the station in our house. Seems Finn's charming habit of sticking his fingers in my mouth has left me with some horrible raging virus. After two nights of fevers, I'm feeling marginally better. Dick Cheney has it all wrong with water boarding. A baby could bring the most hardened enemy combatant to his knees through a combination of the common cold and sleep deprivation.

Me and my boy managed to get out for a walk in the sunshine yesterday. Getting some of that all-important vitamin D that the PNW so dearly lacks. We stopped for lunch and then I bought some birthday wrapping paper. Yes, BIRTHDAY, as in FIRST BIRTHDAY. It's less than five weeks away. I honestly can't believe it.

We made it, people! Well, almost there.

Finn's birthday means Spring and Summer, warmer days, more sunlight, and the end of the long winter. I love that. We're not sure when we'll jump back onto the TTC train, but for sure it won't be until the fall. So this will be the first summer where we won't be TTC, pregnant or adjusting to a newborn. I won't be in school. I won't be taking the NCLEX. I won't be startnig a new job. For the first time in YEARS M. and I will have nothing to do but enjoy each others company and enjoy being a family.

Now, time to do the time-honored butt sniff to see if my son has finally pooped so we can settle down for our morning nap.

7 Comments:

At 2/26/2008 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the butt sniff... and I am happy for you three that you will be able to experience a stress- free (well, I don't want to jinx you...) summer. I am SURE it will be a great one! Oooooh- maybe a zoo trip is in our future!

 
At 2/26/2008 10:01 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

Zoo trip for sure! I think we're going to buy a membership and we can bring 5 guests for 1/2 price. ::wink wink::

 
At 2/26/2008 10:48 AM, Blogger Chris and Penny said...

three cheers for the upcoming birthday! i remember reading your blog last year, waiting to read about news of finn's birth, as i was anticipating the birth of my babies shortly afterwards (may 10). so congrats on the huge milestone, albeit a bit sad for him being a big boy now! yes? a year has flown by! here's to a more easy going spring and summer. enjoy it!

 
At 2/26/2008 11:33 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I hear ya on the being sick all the time. Ugh. I hate winter.

The 1st birthday comes so quickly, eh? :)

That sounds like a good summer coming up. Always nice to relax!!

 
At 2/26/2008 1:06 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Congrats on the anticipation of first birthday! It's so exciting!

I came across a website today and thought of you guys and your struggles with finding a discipline modality that works for all of you. Could be interesting: http://yourparentingsolutions.com/

 
At 2/26/2008 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for nearly one year! Boo for sickness. How's the nighttime parenting going? We'd love to read and update on the sleep stuff some time!

 
At 2/26/2008 3:36 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Sleep? What sleep? It's not that bad. I'll post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home