Sunday, February 10, 2008

Back off, Baby Mia!!!

M., Finn and I went to visit my friend L. today and her two week old baby, Mia. She was early and had some weight loss issues, so Italicshe's just this little bundle who just lies sweetly in your arms. M. was so excited to hold a newborn. Finn just crawled around and checked out everything. All was calm. Until...

I held Baby Mia.

Seems Finn feels a little protective of his food source. Me holding Baby Mia resulted in a crying fit, after which Finn proceeded to glare at Mia, as if to say "back off, bitch". I was holding her in cradle position and I guess she just got a bit too close to the boob. Considering that Finn has been using my boobs as chew toys way too much lately, I'm surprised he was feeling that possessive.

I looked at M. and we were both having the same exact thought. How the hell is our boy going to adjust to a sibling. I suspect not very well.

3 Comments:

At 2/11/2008 10:33 AM, Blogger Lo said...

Ha. My sister's nephew B. got VERY UPSET when his mom held S, my sister's son, as a newborn. He was two. His eyes got really, really big and he grabbed her leg and screamed. B. just got a baby brother....hope he's adjusting okay.

 
At 2/11/2008 1:44 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

hahaha

 
At 2/12/2008 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son reacted the same way anytime I so much as touched a baby. I was VERY worried about life at our house when babe #3 showed up, but he has reacted much better that I ever expected. I'm not saying all is perfect, but I didn't give him nearly enough credit. Don't give up hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home