Friday, June 20, 2008

BHOI at the Zoo

M. and I have splurged and purchased a zoo membership. When one purchases a zoo membership it's imperative that one head to the zoo as soon as possible, which is what we did last week. We were standing in line behind a woman when I noticed that she was holding a baby and breast feeding. I have to say that a breast feeding baby completely melts my heart - I think it's one of the most beautiful things in the entire world.

So I told Ms. NIP how lovely it was to see her breast feeding her baby when M. realized she knew the woman. Ms. NIP told us her name and while M. tried to figure out where we knew her from, I immediately recognized it.

Ms. NIP was Dr. NIP, one of the docs at BHOI who screwed us over. One of the people who sent us running to our beloved Dr. G. and the Baby Factory. One of the people who made me cry.

Grrrrrrr.

Oh how I wanted to tell her that things turned out okay, that she was WRONG, that Finn had come when he was ready, that we weren't induced at 37 weeks, that she did nothing...NOTHING...to help us, that she had failed as a doctor. Take that, Dr. NIP.

Except I didn't. It was strange because all that anger and animosity just wasn't there. She wasn't a person with power over us, she was just another parent who had a hungry infant, who was taking care of her baby.

I still hate BHOI but running into Dr. NIP pushed it all a little further into the past. Sometimes you find a little bit of healing in the strangest places, like in line waiting to get into the zoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home