Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vacay-shun!

I'm sitting in a hotel room using crappy TV internet because...we are having our first family vacation. I've decided the best way to go somewhere entirely non-exotic is to go north to Canada because it's kind of like home but just slightly different. Which is why we're in Vancouver, BC.

M. is conferencing and doula-ing it up and Finn and I are flying solo. So far we've petted goats, ridden a tiny train and this morning we went to a totally awesome spray park. I think we've done all this for under $20 bucks (Canadian, which is probably 19.95 US).

I love Vancouver! It's also an incredibly walk-able city, which is what we've been doing. Lots of walking and taking the Smart Buggy out. Strangely enough I take the Smart Buggy everywhere in Seattle and few every comment on it. Here I've had numerous discussions about our funky stroller.

Finn's sleep is in the toilet but we're hanging onto some semblence of a schedule. We'll have a very tired little boy when we get home.

Speaking of which, we head stateside tomorrow. Usually I'm happy to head home but we've had such a great time I'm a bit sad to go.

Right now Finner is napping on the king size bed and I'm relaxing a bit before we head to the pool then out for a bit of window shopping.

Did I say that I LOVE VANCOUVER???? Eh?

4 Comments:

At 7/21/2008 5:24 AM, Blogger andrĂ©e said...

Hey, welcome to my country, eh? Glad you're enjoying your stay. I've been to Vancouver a few times and love it, too. Our last big trip before getting pregnant took us through Vancouver on the way north to the solitude and beauty of the Yukon (and a bit of Alaska). I do miss Canada now...

 
At 7/21/2008 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dream honeymoon is a trip to Seattle and Vancouver. I love Canada, but I've only been to places in the east. Sounds like you've had a lot of fun! Welcome back home.
southwesterngemini from IVP

 
At 7/23/2008 5:17 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

sounds like you had a great time. i've never been to vancouver but would love to visit one day.

 
At 7/23/2008 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another Canadian here - but I haven't visited BC at all. I'd love to go west one day...

We're trying to plan our summer vacation as well. I'm thinking we will visit a water park one day and maybe a zoo. We'll probably go to Montreal for a night or two. My partner has mega Hilton points so we might even stay free! ;)


JM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home