Thursday, March 16, 2006

Monty's Wild Ride...or...Never Ever Double Temp

Someday I will write a long post about how I got into nursing school. It was crazy as crazy can be and involved me quitting my job at 4:30 pm on a Friday and starting full-time school on the following Monday.

Monty is feeling just as crazy.

I started spotting yesterday. Pink and brown, a small amount And the cramping is gone, daddy, gone. But my period is NOT here. So we decide that we will do another HPT in the am IF my temps are still flat or up.

I woke up at 2 am and couldn't sleep until 3 am until I finally decided to take my temp (and pee).

97.7

Okay, it's over, temp drop means period. No more Monty. But...just in case...just to prove to myself that my period really is here...I tell M. "I'm going to temp at 5 am when I usually do." despite the illegality of double temping. My temp after two really good hours of sleep...

98.1...I mean REALLY...98.1

And we can't count either temp as legit because I was awake an hour before number one and only asleep for two prior to number two.

I'm still not even full-fledged spotting, so unless Aunt Flo shows up more definatively today (aka, bright red spotting, clots) we're testing tonight after work.

10 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hell, that really is the kind of thing to drive you completely loopy. Hope your period stays away x

 
At 3/16/2006 7:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well that's a good way to drive someone completely up the wall throughout the day. Sending good thoughts for you guys.

 
At 3/16/2006 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would count the one after 2 good hours of sleep if I were you.

Good luck!!!

 
At 3/16/2006 8:48 AM, Blogger Trista said...

oooh, I've been away from the internet for just a day and suddenly all this anticipation and craziness. I am so hoping that AF stays away and you two are officially expecting! I would love to see a pregnant Sacha when we come to visit.

 
At 3/16/2006 9:45 AM, Blogger charlotte said...

Amazing how all the signs can be completely confusing. Holy hell. You are going to have a tough day at work. I hope the last temp is right....2 hours is almost 3 hours, right?

 
At 3/16/2006 9:49 AM, Blogger M. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/16/2006 10:44 AM, Blogger Hope and Megan said...

We'll be thinking about you. This will be the longest day ever until you get to test -- I've been there.

 
At 3/16/2006 12:05 PM, Blogger EJW said...

I agree that the second temp is more reliable. It was after a couple hours sleep and closer to normal time, right?

Good luck, you're almost there!

 
At 3/16/2006 2:36 PM, Blogger Sara said...

My fingers are still crossed!!! It's not over yet!!!

 
At 3/16/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger kiles1670 said...

Hoping all goes well for you
My fingers are crossed :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home