Saturday, March 11, 2006

Vegfest!

I have come down with some nasty little 48 hour cold. It started on Thursday at work and I've had to lay low for two days now to shake it. The good news is that my throat isn't sore anymore and I no longer have a raging headache. Anyway, I need to feel better because tomorrow we're going to...

VEGFEST!

I'm amazed at how politicized eating vegetarian is. My mother keeps asking if I'm a vegetarian using the same tone of voice she might use if she were asking if I'm a child molestor. You can't eat veggie without people treating you like you're making some sort of statement. My statement is this:

VEGETABLES TASTE GOOD.

Ask anyone who has been to my house for dinner. Damn good.

Here is MY truth: since I've reduced my meat consumption, my body has all over felt better. I have more energy. My bowels are fabulous. All is good. And I eat food that is so amazingly delicious it would floor most people that it's grain and vegetable based. Otherwise I wouldn't eat this way.

So, black eyed peas and cornbread with greens tonight for dinner. Mmmm. And Vegfest tomorrow. Yay!

2 Comments:

At 3/12/2006 12:43 PM, Blogger Jen said...

My mom, too! And it's been TEN YEARS but she's still at it. Oh, well. I think she takes it as a personal attack. What are you gonna do?

I'd have dinner at your house any day, gladly!

 
At 3/12/2006 1:11 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

well, come to Seattle and you're invited.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home