Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Crazy Dreams

I've been having the most wacked out dreams lately. And they're totally baby dreams. I'll give you the condensed versions.

Dream 1. M. and I are running around a mansion trying to find a place to sleep. We run all around the first floor but there's nowhere private, just cots in the hallway. Finally we notice there's an upstairs. The upstairs has signs pointing to different rooms but we still can't find one. Any room we do find already has someone in it. But it's this amazing, beautiful place full of old antiques and terraces and fountains. Even though we are still looking for our room, we're enjoying it so much more. Suddenly a panel opens and reveals the person who runs the mansion, a gay man. He does some magic tricks then opens another panel and we finally find our room. But it's not perfect, there's a stairway coming into it and I have to block it off to keep people from bothering us. We take it anyway.

Analysis. The room is our baby. The gay man who runs the mansion is DtD. We need him and his tricks to find our baby. The first floor of the mansion represents the beginning of our journey, and not getting pregnant right away, which was frustrating and horrible. The second floor represents the current part of our journey, which is still frustrating but more bearable since we've adjusted our expectations. When we finally get our room, aka baby, it's not exactly how we wanted it to be (no kidding) but we're so exhausted by the journey that we are happy no matter what.

Dream 2. I'm at some sort of chichi resort trying to find a place to sleep. There are some rooms but they are all too small. I find out that a friend of mine is there and he is living in this one room shack. Then he tells me that he and my parents are going to give me the shack (it's actually not a shack but some sort of ultra modern portable housing) and they're going to give me a giant cargo plan as well so I can take my shack anywhere I want to. I decided I'm going to put it by a beautiful lake as a getaway house.

Analysis. Same kind of stuff. The room is the baby, I need to find one, but this time when I get it, it's beyond anything I'd ever expected. It's perfect. The person who gives it to me is a man (not gay and I actually inserted a friend from work into the dream this time). I think my parents being in the dream shows that they support our efforts to start a family.

1 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 4:27 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Thanks for your comment about the port :) I love the dream analysis'. I keep having dreams that are somewhat similar. DP and I are both, either pregnant at the same time, or one of is, and we're looking for our child. Sometimes, we're pregnant and the child is right in front of us, sometimes it's a boy, sometime's it's a girl, and at various ages, the child, not us. In addition, we're always in bizarre archetectrial (sp) places or foreign countries or at least they seem, always nice, never cold. Please analyze this and get back with me. I am an analyst in profession, but can't figure this one out!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home