Tuesday, May 16, 2006

OBGYN Part II

We've just returned from the appointment with OBGYN II. It was 100% better than the ass hole doc we saw before.

What did we get out of the appt.? Well, except for my short luteal phase, I'm 100% normal. Hormones are all in line, everything looks good. I'm going to go back on the progesterone for this next cycle.

And...

I think we're going to move to IUI after our next insem.

Why IUI? I have always said we'd reevaluate our tactics after our sixth insemination. And the only outstanding problems, aside from my easily correctible luteal phase, come from DtD's sperm. It's not that we couldn't get pregnant doing home insems...if we had all the time in the world. We don't and we need to make the best of it. IUI will address some of the issues with his semen analysis.

How do I feel? Aside from being sick as a dog with stomach flu, I feel okay. This isn't what I wanted but it's a logical step. Ultimately, we want a baby and have to be willing to do whatever it takes (short of kidnapping!)

Hugs and kisses to all. I'm going to take another nap.

6 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 7:32 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Wow. Will they do an IUI with a known donor who is not married to you without putting his stuff in quarentine for 6 months?

 
At 5/17/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

As long as we LIE. If they know he's a KD they would quarantine his swim team. If he's my 'boyfriend' (ha) then they don't. Meaning, I've known DtD for three years and we've had all the STD tests done but they would quarentine if we uttered "known donor" but if I picked up Joe Blow at a bar tonight, said 'let's make a baby' they wouldn't blink an eye when I dragged his ass in there.

Grrrr.

 
At 5/17/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Grrr is right. That's the problem we ran into when exploring doing IUI's. Good luck with the lying (but I really hope it's not necessary for you)

 
At 5/17/2006 1:27 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

Sacha, the clinic name I gave you a few months ago in Seattle does KD insems, fresh.

Good plan.

 
At 5/17/2006 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never said what the last DR. said that was so bad??

I am curious.

 
At 5/17/2006 6:35 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Char - we're probably going to go The Liar route because that particular clinic isn't open on the weekends. At least we can lie. In some states you HAVE to be married.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home