Friday, February 16, 2007

It's Official - Partial Bedrest

I had my appointment with Dr. G. today. She asked how work was going and I responded that I needed to stop. I'm officially on partial bedrest.

Both M. and I are relieved. As we're getting closer and closer to the end the worry is mounting over whether my BP. And it's actually starting to climb - not to a worrisome level, but working twelve hour shifts in a very stressful environment is not going to help.

So I'm off to lie on my ass for four hours. Four hours in the morning, four hours at night. I predict I'll start going crazy shortly but it's going to keep little boy in, and that's the most important thing.

7 Comments:

At 2/16/2007 8:13 PM, Blogger tifferny said...

wow, so it is official. yes, i remember the days of partial bedrest. looking at it from a positive angle, you have a justifiable excuse to sit on your ass. ;) believe it or not, you'll look back on these days quite fondly (when you're running around like a mad woman trying to chase down a mischievous toddler).

so....hopefully i am not delving into anything too personal, but did you receive a positive, supportive response from your folks? i really pray you did, so that is one less thing you have to worry about.

hugs,
tiffany

 
At 2/16/2007 8:44 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Not too personal. My parents said not to worry and they'll help us out. That takes a huge amount of stress off my shoulders.

 
At 2/16/2007 9:05 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

Yuck. But I'm glad you will not be working anymore. Do you knit?

 
At 2/17/2007 10:08 AM, Blogger tifferny said...

sacha - yes, i am sure it does! that is sooo incredibly wonderful for you.

 
At 2/18/2007 10:42 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

Charlotte Why, yes I DO knit. He he. I just picked up yarn for a couple baby hats and finished up my baby blanket. I suspect I'll be doing a lot of knitting for a while.

 
At 2/19/2007 6:42 PM, Blogger Holly said...

So sorry - but hey, Lois made it through 8 weeks of strict bedrest! Lots of TiVo-ed shows, handheld Yahtzee, blogs, Judging Amy reruns, etc. All the times she said she was going to go crazy, when she looks at our little boy, she keeps saying it was all worth it!
Good luck!!!

 
At 2/19/2007 8:18 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

I'm actually not too sorry. Partial means that I don't have to lie on my butt all the time and I really needed to stop working. The baby is nice and safe, which is the most important thing. Stopping my very stressful job will keep him that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home