Thursday, March 01, 2007

Painting Part IV: The Kitchen

I finally got some pictures of the kitchen.

I was bad and didn't get any before pics. Just imagine that it was the same rental white with putty trim that we had all over the house.

Now it's GREEN!

One green is a sherbet green...a nice cool lime. The other is jalepeno, but only one wall.

The top picture is our little kitchen nook which serves as our office. It's nice and sunny.

I have a love-hate relationship with our kitchen. I love it because it's big. When we moved into the house I was so excited to have a bigger kitchen and be able to get more GEAR. We filled up the entire kitchen with what we already owned. That's what happens when you keep half your pans in the oven!

I hate the kitchen because the counters are tile, the cupboards are white and I'm not sure if you could have a more hideous combination. It's impossible to roll out pastry dough.

But it's livable, I love our dishwasher and, once again, it's big (enough)!

Flickr Set

5 Comments:

At 3/02/2007 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors!!! I looks as tough it is an older home due to the width of the trim. LOVE IT! I grew up in a home built in 1890 and it had big thick trim and crown molding in each room. So much character! Love it girls!! Great job!!

DestinySky (FF)
April

 
At 3/02/2007 7:22 AM, Blogger Targetgirl said...

Those greens are the exact color of my bathroom! Excellent choice...

 
At 3/02/2007 7:33 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

He he...I admit that I lurve them!

 
At 3/02/2007 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol... hah were not the only only ones who hide our pans in the oven.. well until we have our bigger place... and then im sure we will get more pans to put in the oven..

your doing great!.. time to rest yet!...ur going to need wish u did!

lou in London

 
At 3/03/2007 6:34 PM, Blogger Swistle said...

So pretty! I want a green kitchen too. I'm thinking pear-type greens, maybe three walls of that and one even more yellowy green than that. But I am so, so lazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home