Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sinking to New Depths

Breast feeding makes a person HUNGRY. So hungry that I sank to a new low today. I crashed someone's going away party. I had a irrational response to CAKE.

I was walking down the hallway and there it was. Cake. Ooey, gooey, sugary CAKE. So I walk into the room, right in front of the person going away, cut myself a piece then proceed to skitter out of the room, shoving the cake in my mouth and licking the sticky frosting off my fingers.

I was so ashamed. I don't think I realized how scavanger-like I was being until I was actually cutting the cake and then I just couldn't stop myself.

I mean it was CAKE...

4 Comments:

At 8/30/2007 6:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You know, I never did that but OH can I relate! I'm still ravenous a lot of the time and she doesn't nurse nearly as much as she did.

Did you know the person or was it a stranger?

 
At 8/31/2007 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! You crack me up. I've never breastfed but when ever another department at work has cake I totally try to wait to see if there is extra so that they offer a piece to me to get rid of it. I try not to hover, but cake is my weakness, too!

 
At 8/31/2007 4:15 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

It was a stranger, and she was standing in the room as I attacked her cake!!!

 
At 8/31/2007 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can so relate!!!!! I was never the type to grab the office "help yourself" goodies...but now i'll practically take the whole plate for myself. and not even feel bad about it! a breastfeeding mama's gotta eat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home