Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy 2008!

Being old and parents, M. and I will be ringing in the new year around 10 pm then going to bed. I also have to trek into the cold and the damp in the morning to work. So NYE 2007 is a bit boring in our household.

2007 year in review

This time last year we were having a fancy NYE dinner. I felt ugly and pregnant, pretty much my state of being. I was still working and not totally miserable yet. Yet.

I stopped working. A week later M. lost her job. Six weeks later my water broke at 5:15 am.

54 hours later we had our boy and plunged into the wonder and hell of newbornhood. Everything in 2007 is BC and AC. Before Child. After Child. I went back to work and discovered that I still like my job and my passion for nursing has not been sucked away by motherhood. My relationship with my mother blew up and hasn't been the same since. M. and I didn't kill each other. We became parents. Imagine that!

I don't know about 2008. A dear friend of ours is facing what could be a serious health problem. Our original boy isn't here. Finn is getting better and better. Our finances are on continuously shakey ground. We'll be jumping back into TTC. I'm teaching myself how to knit socks. We'll see how it goes.

But no matter what happens, I'll talk about it here. Thanks for being part of our lives, babycakes readers. We love you all.

Now it's time for mac-n-cheese and champagne.

2 Comments:

At 1/01/2008 5:14 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

I enjoy reading your blog so thank you for continuing to post regularly. :) Let's hope 2008 is a good year for everyone. Hey maybe we'll be expecting again. ;)

 
At 1/02/2008 4:46 AM, Blogger ohchicken said...

happy new year! so grateful to have found you and be along for the journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home