Thursday, May 22, 2008

Walking

I think I've been off in some esoteric overly serious zone lately. So here's a little update on the boy. He's a crazy walker. He loves walking. He walks all the time. I love it. Is there anything sweeter than holding your child's hand as he slowly makes his way down the street (in this case dragging a pull toy he had not so nicely swiped from the birthday girl whose party we were attending)?

Walking kind of amazes me. Crawling is so much more efficient yet Finn is expending a lot of energy to stand up and take these wobbly unstable steps. I know he wants to be like us but sometimes I want to explain that he'd obtain his goal much quicker if he'd just drop and skitter across the floor on hands and knees. That's the pragmatist in me.

The mother in me just watches him carefully and takes his hand when he offers it and soothes the bumps and bruises.

Crawling is far from extinct in our house. Cat-chasing still calls for the speed of crawling, and it happens quite regularly. Those cats are going to be in for a shock when he starts running after them.

2 Comments:

At 5/23/2008 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sacha,
I work for the World Have Your Say global discussion programme on BBC World Service radio and today we are asking people all around the world if children need a father:
http://worldhaveyoursay.wordpress.com/2008/05/23/on-air-does-a-child-need-a-father/
I read your blog and I thought you might like to join the discussion. We're on KOUW from 10am - if you would like to take part please let me know and I'll call you for a quick chat.
Best regards,
Peter

World Have Your Say
BBC World Service radio
Bush House
London
Tel: +44 207 557 0635
http://www.worldhaveyoursay.com

 
At 5/24/2008 2:01 PM, Blogger ajs4ever said...

Sounds like the little one is keeping you on your toes:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home