Sunday, August 24, 2008

Toddlerpalooze

Okay, I admit it. I'm actually loving having a toddler. Babies are sweet and everything, but DAMN, they're a lot of work. It's not that Finn isn't a pain in the ass. He's whiny and demanding, rigid, temperamental and known to cast himself on the floor and scream when he doesn't get his own way.

He's also lovely in between all of that.

He gives us kisses. Never just one of us. If he kisses mama, mommy gets a kiss too. If he kisses mommy, well mama better just get herself over there. He's so excited about life. He shakes with excitement when he sees a dog. He thinks dominoes are phones and talks rather animatedly on them. He cooks. He thinks he knows how to use the debit card. He loves books. He holds our hand and isn't satisfied with just one person's hand; it must be both mama and mommy's hands at once. He loves rocks and pipes in the ground and all kinds of strange things that adults just pass on by. And birds. Crows of all the horrid things to love.

He snuggles. I never thought that my difficult, challenging on-the-go child would EVER snuggle, but he puts his head on my shoulder and settles in. It's then that I tell M that we've done good by Finn so far in his life.

I've been bracing for the toddler tornado, and he's certainly hard to take on some days, but all of that melts away with how wonderful he is. He's just the best and I wouldn't trade this time in his life for anything. In the meantime my tiny toddler tyrant is busy dancing around the living room with his tambourine and I'm going to go join him.

3 Comments:

At 8/24/2008 7:52 PM, Blogger ajs4ever said...

So sweet!! Isn't motherhood so rewarding!! It's those precious little moments that make it all worthwhile!!

 
At 8/26/2008 5:15 PM, Blogger ohchicken said...

i love this. so much.

i'm starting to see glimpses of the firecracker inside my little j.

 
At 8/27/2008 8:19 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

That is very sweet, you make me want to have one of my own!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home