Sunday, December 25, 2005

Mommies and Donors


So, I just picked up a good book about assisted conception using donors (sperm and eggs) and surrogates titled Mommies, Daddies, Donors, Surrogates: Answering Tough Questions and Building Strong Families. I'm really enjoying it so far as it brings up many of the strange and unique issues that come up when you create a family with the help of a person outside of the family. Whether you are gay or straight you share many of the same experiences. Unlike many such books that do a good job of talking about the donor experience of heterosexual parents to be (like Helping the Stork), this one seems to focus equally on all different sorts of families who create life with help of an "other".

If you're planning to or have already created a child with the help of those outside your family, you may want to check this book out. I'm thinking it may be a good one to share with our family members who have questions too.

3 Comments:

At 12/26/2005 10:44 AM, Blogger b. said...

I am SO checking into this book - thanks for sharing! M - in answer to your question, I'm going to touch base with PS this week on when we should schedule a time to receive his "Final Answer," and hopefully all sit down to discuss. I'm thinking 2 weeks is a reasonable amount of time for them to talk it over amongst themselves and formulate questions/concerns/etc.

Must've been nice to know that DtD was thinking about you both this holiday! (insert awwwwww...here.) You mention in your post that you're all friends. If I may post a question, how did you meet?

 
At 12/28/2005 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad I found your site. My partner and I are meeting with our potential donor and his wife tonight. I suppose if I can muster up the nerve I will pop the question. Wish me luck!

 
At 12/28/2005 9:51 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

thanks for the tip.
I am amazing immediately!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home