Saturday, April 08, 2006

Photo Friday: Body Part


My Mouth

My body and I have reached a comfortable truce. It has a fat tummy, blotchy, scarred skin, droopy eyes, greying hair, a flat ass and uncomfortably large breast. It's also mine. I have no choice but to live with it. So I accept it. The good things about it is that it's strong, sturdy beyond all belief. It can do anything it wants to, even with some effort. My heart works fine. My lungs take in air. My mind whirs constantly.

I feel I am so deeply imperfect that the only way to stay sane is to accept my imperfections. I will be the last person to tell you that I have no worth.

So I choose my mouth as my favorite body part. Not my lips, not my teeth, not my tongue but my mouth. Because it can form words, give pleasure and receive pleasure. Afterall, what is life without pleasure.

3 Comments:

At 4/08/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

Nice pic! I also like my mouth. Mostly because I like the talking so much.

 
At 4/11/2006 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked that post. Makes me remember to be less critical of myself and my body's imperfections. Thanks!

 
At 4/23/2007 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going back through your posts - and I LOVED this one -
You rock!
And congrats on Finn!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home