Monday, May 01, 2006

Oh, the Drama

Here's our house. The huge plant on the stairs is a Montana Clematis that smells like vanilla. We're going to cut it off the stairs so this is its last bloom. You are not allowed to stalk us!

But back to the drama.

We did our last insem on Thursday. Thursday is the same day that I started cramping and bleeding. I spotted for four days. It looks like I've finally stopped, but CRAP, how nervewracking. I was pretty freaked out Saturday when I finally figured out that the strange discharge I'd been having was actually spotting.

On top of the spotting, the visit to the MD on Friday was NOT a good experience. So bad that I don't even want to go into details. Luckily it was followed by acupuncture which gave me some time to decompress. Poor M. didn't get that and we had a tough couple days working through some of the issues the doctor brought up.

We're back to our original plan. Get through the cycle, no progesterone, test and go to our family practice doc when we get a positive HPT. I'm working through ways to be less anxious about this whole process. I'm starting to feel that the level of anxiety we have around conception is probably impeding it.

Love to all.

PS. and somewhere in this whole mess, babycakes had it's 20,000 visitor. I don't know who you are, but thank you for reading, and thanks to everyone for coming along with us on this crazy ride.

8 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

happy 20,000th!~

 
At 5/01/2006 10:42 PM, Blogger Smithie said...

Man, I hate to think of the level of assholery/pessimism that doctor must have displayed to get two such well-grounded women so upset. Fucking doctors...

 
At 5/02/2006 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in thinking that the 'level of anxiety we have around conception is probably impeding it' - i go through the same thing and get mad at myself for feeling so much stress, so it makes it worse. i think to myself, "if only i could calm down, i'd have a baby by now." if only!

 
At 5/02/2006 6:16 AM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Glad to hear that maybe things have calmed down a bit in the last couple of days - I was really sorry to read how the doctor's visit, which should have been a source of help, turned out to be so upsetting and generally nasty.
Hugs to you both (((((M&S)))))

 
At 5/02/2006 7:04 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

Smithie, I think you're going to make me cry. That's exactly what I needed to hear. No matter how crazy I feel, you're right...we're well-grounded women with good heads on our shoulders.

I'm working hard to keep perspective this cycle. My new approach is "Getting pregnant is as important as everything else in my life: my friends, my family, my job, my house, my girls (cats), a beautiful day.

Thanks Calliope-you don't know how much I love to see your posts. You're always there and it makes me feel very loved.

Marta - isn't the self-blame part of TTC a bitch? I hate every moment of it.

Tamsin - Thank you so much for the hugs. We both need them.

 
At 5/02/2006 7:15 AM, Blogger Trista said...

well I'm late to this post, but I wanted to give you congratulations on your numbers and a big fuck you to the doctor. I hate doctors. Of course, you know my standard offer... would you like me to give him leprosy for you?

 
At 5/02/2006 7:18 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

You're not late, you're making an entrance!

I think this man does deserve leprosy. Go for it. I have his email if you need it.

 
At 5/02/2006 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm a long-time lurker de-lurking...thanks for your blog! i check every day. my partner and i are almost at our 1 year mark trying to get pregnant and reading your posts make me feel less isolated in all of this! plus, we are sort of on the same schedule...we did an IUI a week ago today. thanks for being there

 

Post a Comment

<< Home