Saturday, July 29, 2006

Really? Oh wow!: DtD's Reaction

We told DtD yesterday. Actually I told him over the phone. We were planning to tell him in person but when I called him to ask if we could come over he asked how the test turned out and I blurted.

Bad, BAD Sacha.

First he said Really? Oh, wow!. Then he told me that we should have just woken him up instead of letting him get a good night's sleep. We went to his house and he said...

Congratulations Mommas!

He he.

He'd already told BF. It's official, if they're not having sex, it's not OUR fault any more.

Then we had a little bit of a dicey situation today. DtD was helping with our friend Jess' party and when Jess saw him she ran up to him, hugged him and said...congratuations!

ARGH.

Firstly, Jess isn't technically supposed to know he's our donor. Secondly, he's not the one she should be congratulating, unless she's just REALLY happy that he has working sperm.

How much do we love our boy? We love him SOOOOO much because he immediately redirected her and said Why are you congratulating me? You should be congratulating them!

That's the reaction from our donor and we couldn't be happier. Best. Donor. Ever. He's doing his job and doing it well.

10 Comments:

At 7/29/2006 11:34 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Sounds like you picked a great donor! :)

So happy for you two. It's hard to believe after all of those BFNs, eh? I peed on sticks later on just to see the result line come up before the control line. So amazing.

 
At 7/30/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger party b said...

Sounds like best donor ever! I have to admit, I sucked in my breath a bit when I read about him being congratulated... what a GREAT ending to that story though :-)

 
At 7/30/2006 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow congratulations you guys!!!!I can't wait to read the new "pregnancy blog"!!

 
At 7/30/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Tamsin said...

He really is a good guy!

 
At 7/30/2006 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dtd is alright in my book :) I hope it's all smoothe sailing from here on out, but be prepared for lots of asinine comments now that you're pregnant! They never stop coming from people's mouths.

 
At 7/30/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats you guys! I'm so happy for you that it finally worked!

 
At 7/31/2006 5:36 AM, Blogger Hope and Megan said...

The same thing has happened a zillion times with our donor and he has been sooo good about that as well. I'm so glad that you landed a good one!

Congratulations again!!!

 
At 7/31/2006 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

go super sperm!!! :-D
congrats again mommas!!! i love hearing good news!!!

 
At 7/31/2006 8:21 AM, Blogger Trista said...

the same thing happened to us -- when we announced our pregnancy at a party that our donor was also attending, a mutual friend ran up to him to congratulate him and give him a hug. Right in front of me. Stunned me, since I was pretty sure she was savvier than that. But he did the same kind of redirecting thing your donor did. And that's when the last of my doubts about him evaporated (like M and DtD, our donor was closer to Kristin than to me and occasionally that made me nervous).

 
At 8/01/2006 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys- I am SO excited for you! I have been watching you on FF (I am LynnCC01) YEHAW! As I mentioned in an earlier blog comment- my partner and I also like in Seattle and would love to meet you 2!! We are about to start our 2nd attempt after 1 negative, and a 1 month break due to cysts!
LynnChristen@aol.com!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home