Tuesday, July 11, 2006

TTC Empowerment!!!!!

I'm SO excited about the responses to my 'eureka' moment. What will it take to create a space on the web dedicated to empowering all queers around TTC?

If you're interested in working on this project, email me...sacha at drizzle dot com. We can start brainstorming via email or create a yahoo group to discuss on. And Calliope, you have been deemed an honorary family member so I fully expect to get an email from you!

And I want to get boys involved...I can imagine their isolation could be worse than ours.

In the meantime, I submitted my application to the LGBT Center for our Where's My Baby! support group. It's going to be a reality and I'm so excited. August 8th is our tentative date.

4 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in! I'll email you as well, but wanted to comment here and let you know what an awesome idea I think this is!

 
At 7/11/2006 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boys really do need support as well. At one point, (I don't know if you were around yet on FF) members of the known donor buddy group created a yahoo group for them but it was automatically shut off from lack of use.

Do you want me to put the idea out on the Ideas forum of Rainbow conceptions and see what Chloe says? It would be cool to be able to use that platform, so we don't have to re-invent the wheel completely.

 
At 7/11/2006 2:22 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Jenny, if you would head up contacting
Chloe, that would be great. I would like to create a resource page then have a forum hosted there that people could go to.

I've created a Yahoo group to discuss how this can take shape. I'll invite anyone who emails me.

 
At 7/12/2006 6:33 AM, Blogger Married Lesbian Mom said...

Hi ladies! My partner and I would love to be pat of a Yahoo! group. We don't know any one else who is going through this and we have a limited amount of lesbian friends. Good luck to you. We start our first insem. on Wed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home