Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Elvis has Left the Pelvis

THE BABY IS A-OKAY, in case you thought the post title meant otherwise.

I have been a bad blogger as of late. Pregnancy is totally kicking my ass.

We had our appointment with Sally Midwife. Everything is fabulous. The highlights:
  • I've officially gained three pounds in my first tri. Right on schedule to keep my weight gain in control.
  • My uterus has officially left the pelvis, which means...
  • We heard the heartbeat. Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. He he. 148, baby.
  • I'm off the junk, i.e. progesterone.
I cannot tell you how much better I feel. I'm going on six days of not feeling like total crap. I'm still exhausted and still getting nauseous on occasion, but not like before. I don't need to feel 100%, just better.

Yay!



The Baby Book

My mom wanted to buy something for the baby, so I told her that we'd love this beautiful, EXPENSIVE, baby book I'd found from Molly West. (We even went to Crane's to look at it IRL to make sure it was neutral enough for same-sex parents.)

Well, seems the price has come down since the books are no longer 'lovingly hand bound' and I ordered it today.

It's the blue and green one, Periwinkle Polkadots.

7 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, when I read the title I thought that something bad had happened,

dang it girl, don't scare me like that!!!

 
At 10/03/2006 5:16 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

HOLY CRAP. That was a scarier than hell title girls!!!

I couldn't even pay attention to your baby book. But then I did and it's cute.

Change the title though! It is cute once you know what it means, but phew.

 
At 10/03/2006 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have to re-use this title when your baby is born! Spiffy baby book...sweet without being cloying, simple without being plain. Fill it up! It's so neat to read later on, and you'd be amazed what you forget.

 
At 10/03/2006 10:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's a good thing you had that disclaimer at the top. I nearly fainted when I read the title. So glad everything's going well. And super glad you're feeling better.

 
At 10/04/2006 8:05 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Maybe it's my pregnancy brain but I didn't clue in that the title could be bad. LOL. Glad everything is going so well and how cool that you heard the heartbeat! We didn't hear the heartbeat at our first midwife appointment but heard it on the 2nd and it was so amazing! :)

 
At 10/05/2006 12:12 AM, Blogger Momai said...

Congrats on everything, it sounds like your little one is getting along swimmingly!

 
At 10/07/2006 10:46 PM, Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

You're being a better blogger than me! I'm just so fucking tired I can barely type. I feel pathetic! Glad your weight gain is going OK. I've put on 1 kg (2.2 lbs) so far at ten weeks, so hopefully I'll be following in your footsteps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home