Monday, September 18, 2006

The Niephew

It's funny how the baby's gender depends on the gender of the person talking. The boys (my pops, brother, even DtD) refer to the puggle as "he". The girls (M., MIL, mom) don't seem to have strong preferences.

Yesterday my brother dropped off his car with us while he's out of town at a training. He asked M. how his little nephew is doing. She quickly corrected him, telling him that it COULD be a girl. So he says...

How's my little NIEPHEW?

He he.

The best part? I actually found it over at m-w.com. Okay, it was in their open dictionary, but doesn't that make it legit?

3 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! just catching up with you after being away for ages.
My friend, Julia, had people refer to her unisex baby as "Shim" (or shem).
I think Niephew is great!

xo

 
At 9/18/2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

Yay, I'm glad you're back!

 
At 9/18/2006 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Niephew!

It is interesting how everyone in our nearby family (K's mom, her sister, her SIL, all three nieces) were hoping for a girl, EXCEPT for her brother, who was insisting that it was going to be a boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home