Friday, September 15, 2006

My Placenta Brain Kicks In

Firstly, let my strongly suggest never searching for pr*gnant l*sbians on Blogger. There is some STRANGE shit out there. Pervs.

The placenta brain is kicking in.

Yesterday at work I walked out of my patient's room with every intent of returning to make his bed (yes, my hospital is primary nursing care, kids, meaning Sacha gets to give meds, monitor vitals AND make beds). By the time I'd gotten to the nursing station to do some quick charting, I'd completely forgotten what I had to do.

Usually I might forget my specific task but still know I was doing something. Nope. I sat down and proceeded to stare at the computer. I thought to myself, I actually don't have anything to do. It took me ten minutes for me to remember that I did have something to do and another ten before I remembered WHAT IT WAS.

This is NOT normal for me. I live by my memory.

Ahhhhh!

4 Comments:

At 9/15/2006 9:14 AM, Blogger party b said...

lol

oh yeah, that doesn't go away... ::sigh::

 
At 9/15/2006 9:36 AM, Blogger charlotte said...

At least you just forgot to make a bed!

 
At 9/15/2006 10:52 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Haha! I know exactly what you mean. I spent like 30 minutes driving around looking for the pizza place last night and even called them to ask where the heck they were. I said, "I'm on Lawrence and I don't see you!" I was on a different street which I didn't realize until I went to turn back onto "Lawrence" and read the sign and said, "Oh yeah...what was I thinking?!"

 
At 9/15/2006 2:43 PM, Blogger mintyfaglady said...

Ohhh.
I so wish I'd resisted the urge to Google. :-(
Curiosity killed the cat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home