Saturday, February 17, 2007

It's the Amazing Pregnant Sleeper!

Many people can start having trouble sleeping when they get pregnant. It starts as hormonal then eventually you just get freakin' big.

Not me.

I used to have night terrors and bad dreams on a regular basis, waking up yelling, thinking I was dying, terrified of something. All of that stopped when I go pregnant and all of the sudden I was sleeping like a rock. Nice.

Things are getting more uncomfortable now. I'm getting really sore from sleeping on my side. My arms fall asleep, my fingers swell from lying in wrong positions. My mobility is reduced and its hard to turn over, hard to get out of bed. But I can usually sleep from bedtime to 2 am (get up and pee) then from 2 am to 7 am or later.

Take THAT, pregnancy.

I am the AMAZING pregnant sleeper. I also have seven weeks or more to go so I'm going to enjoy sleeping right now.

5 Comments:

At 2/17/2007 5:44 PM, Blogger DawnandReis said...

I can't tell how much I'm enjoying your story. I just found you on Thursday after having my first IUI and coming straight home to google everything I could. Unlike you and M. my partner and I aren't uber prepared lesbians and after years of over thinking getting pregnant, finally jumped in head first right after my 39th B-day. It was straight to the doc. for me due to age and a mis-carriage 10 years ago (in a different life). Only two days down and I'm not quite hating the TWW, but I know it will get harder. Thanks for sharing and I'll keep visiting for what's next.

 
At 2/18/2007 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7 weeks!!!!
woooo hooooo!
thinking of you guys.
(& SO glad you are able to get some sleep)

 
At 2/18/2007 8:16 AM, Blogger tifferny said...

lol!

glad to hear that sleep isn't an issue for you. i never seemed to have sleep issues w/ mikaela, either. my husband did, however. this was mainly due to my rather excessive snoring, which was so loud it literally rocked the house. snoring stopped after baby came. hopefully m. isn't having to deal similar issues. ;)

 
At 2/18/2007 10:40 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

Dawn Good luck! We actually got to a point where the TWW wasn't nearly as bad as the inbetween times. There's hope in the TWW in spite of the torture in involves.

Calliope We love you back :) Seriously.

Tifanny Uh, well...I am snoring like a freight train and poor, POOR M. has employed ear plugs and a pillow over her head at night to be able to sleep. My good sleep comes at her expense, and I feel terrible about it.

 
At 2/19/2007 1:04 AM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Oh, I envy you the sleep! Having said that, most of my sleeping problems have been in this latter stage as the physical stuff takes over. My poor shoulders are the worst sufferers - they seem to get "trapped" by all the lying on one's side, and are permanently sore.

Hope you continue to enjoy your sleep - even if it is at M's expense!

I managed to wake Karen with my 3.40am loo visit last night (as per today's blog entry) and neither of us could get back to sleep after that. Once we were up and she was getting dressed, she commented about how "at least we're sharing the pregnancy fully". I didn't think that it was fair to retort that she didn't have to put up with all the pregnancy aches and pains, seeing as how it was me that woke her up in the first place!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home