Friday, March 02, 2007

Pregnancy Tea

We made a pilgrimage to Ballard last night to go to a botanical store that carries a good blend of pregnancy tea. If any of our readers are familiar with Seattle, we live south and going north is pretty much an event. It doesn't happen often.

$14 and a lot of profanity around the utter lack of parking in Ballard later, our entire kitchen smells a little like a farm. The tea is very concentrated and you place an entire bag in the crock pot, pour boiling water over then steep it for 4-12 hours. It seriously smells like something you would feed a goat.

All for a well-toned uterus.

M. says we are going to get intentional in the next five weeks. Preggo tea. Evening primrose at 36 weeks. Good carbohydrates (do fudgecicles count? They work great for heartburn.) Yoga. Walking.

Time to get serious about getting ready for LB to come out.

6 Comments:

At 3/02/2007 9:23 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Ew. That sounds nasty. I took Evening Primrose Oil and Red Raspberry Leaf tea. The tea was actually good and did not smell like goat food. It was supposed to tone my uterus too.

 
At 3/02/2007 12:26 PM, Blogger Tamsin said...

I'm on the EPO and raspberry leaf tea, and have been for a few weeks now. I've also been drinking nettle tea for the last week, which I've been qutie enjoying (I normally hate herbal teas).
I've been told that black cohosh tincture is good for ripening the cervix (taken orally), and then taking equal parts black and blue cohosh every hour for 4-5 hours with the homeopathic remedy caulophyllum every 30 mins to actually try and bring on labour. Question is - am I brave enough to actually do it this weekend? I have all the remedies to hand but .........

 
At 3/02/2007 9:39 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

The tea is alfalfa, nettles, red raspberry leaf and oat straw. It's called Sari's Prenatal Blend and is sold at Dandelion Botanicals in Seattle. I'm pretty sure it's equal parts of all four so you could reproduce it.

It's pretty vile. Smells like goat food, tastes like goat food. It's a little better with a nice glob of honey.

Tamsin...do it, do it, do it! I've heard of black cohosh as well. Maybe as I get closer we'll look at it. I'm still planning on an acupuncture induction right around 40 weeks!

 
At 3/03/2007 6:53 AM, Blogger Tamsin said...

I have started on the black cohosh! Karen was so totally fed up when she came home from work last night that she would do anything not to have to go back into the office on Monday! So I thought that I would try and see what Pip and I could do to hlep with that ;o)
It tastes disgustingly bitter, but it least the taste doesn't hang around for long.
Had a midwife visit this morning though, and my cervix is disappointingly firm, thick and closed, so looks like it may well be work for Karen on Monday....

 
At 3/03/2007 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steep for 12 HOURS? EWWW!

 
At 3/03/2007 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a very similar blend for fertility. (Red Raspberry leaf, nettle leaf, and red clover blossom. I stop the blossom after insem and start again if I bleed.) The only way I handle it all is to add a lot of peppermint leaf to the blend which I have been told is a pretty neutral herb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home