Sunday, September 02, 2007

Five Months...it goes too fast

Walking on Mama's Toes, originally uploaded by Sacha Digi.

Sometimes I laugh at myself because part of me thinks Finn will stay small forever and ever. I see older babies and I don't think that will be OUR boy. Then suddenly, it is. I looked at a picture of him the other day from the day he was born and he was so LITTLE. Watching a child grow and develop is maybe the most astounding and humbling thing I've ever experienced.

Five months today!

What mad skillz does Finn have? He can sit unsupported but we still have to be close by because he sometimes falls over. He pushes himself up with his hands until his entire torso is off the ground. He has a tiny tooth. He grabs at EVERTHING. He desperately wants our food. He has what I consider to be the most infectious laugh I've ever heard. He LOVES being naked so much that we're not sure why we put that boy in clothes. He talks to stranger and laughs spontaneously at shadows. He is just the most amazing little boy.

How are mommies? Well, we're good. We still have the occasional urge to kill each other, but five months out from a major life change, M. and I are doing pretty good. Having a baby has not destroyed our relationship. We're adjusting to me being back at work. We're tired and the house is a mess and it's almost impossible to meal plan or get to the store, but, hey, whatever! We are loving parenting together. It's the best project ever.

Happy birthday Finn!

4 Comments:

At 9/02/2007 9:38 AM, Blogger Jude said...

Happy 5 months, Finn!

 
At 9/02/2007 6:06 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Happy birthday Finn. I can't believe he's five months old already! Sounds like he's doing great! Love the picture too.

 
At 9/02/2007 6:41 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy FIVE months! :)

I think you will eventually get to a place where you can meal plan, keep the house vaguely clean, and that kind of thing... we just got there fairly recently!

 
At 9/04/2007 5:57 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

happy 5 months! what a big, handsome boy he is!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home