Thursday, April 17, 2008

Those Sad Moments...

You know those moments...the ones when you realize how much your life has changed.

M.'s mom was looking at a picture of us from about ten years ago. She turned to M. and said...

"You look about the same. Sacha looks tired."

Wah.

I am tired. I've been tired since I decided to change careers and started working my butt off to get into nursing school. I've been tired since we started TTC and it ended up more difficult than expected. I was TIRED when I was pregnant and now...well, I'm tired. I nurse all night and I work long days.

You sacrifice to get what you want and I seem to have sacrificed my youth and vitality. As much as I want to ignore my dear MIL's words, she's right. And I don't know how to undo the fatigue. I've been tired for so long that I don't really know how to stop being tired.

So it's back to work for me. Back to the grind that I actually love and that supports my family. Maybe tonight I'll get a little better sleep and give me a couple days, I may not feel so worn out.

Just in time to do it all again.

3 Comments:

At 4/17/2008 11:14 AM, Blogger Li Li said...

You are truely amazing person and mom!! Don't listen to those comments! What nurse & nursing mom isn't tired? Just remember...you have retirement to catch up on your rest!! I fight fatigue everyday...I know what a challenge it is, but life is too precious to stop and rest sometimes!!

PS I love reading your blog!!

 
At 4/17/2008 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i SO hear you.
sometimes i catch myself in the mirror and my eyes make me sad... i see the tired in them. (this is also due to the fact that i am not with the Love of My Life) but on top of the missing-her-always in my eyes, the nursing school tiredness is stunning.

i'm scared now it wont ever go away! a lab tech a few weeks ago ~ at the last week of med-surg I ~ informed me "YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE ANEMIC!!!" and declared she was ready to run a complimentary CBC for me right then and there. whoa.

THAT is some tiredness.

hang in there :}

 
At 4/18/2008 9:08 PM, Blogger ajs4ever said...

Hang in there sweetie! You have been through a lot:) Hopefully things will start to fall into place and you will feel more rejuvinated:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home