Monday, April 14, 2008

Back Off, Baby Bob!!!

Okay, so Finn has a jealousy streak.

Today we went and hung out with mama (M.) and mama's friend Baby Bob. Baby Bob is really cute and only seven months. We told Finn ahead of time that mama's friend Bob would be coming along. We tried to prepare him.

Finn did not like Baby Bob.

He hit Baby Bob. He tried to bite him. He tried to run over Baby Bob who could only scoot away. Luckily he's a baby and didn't take the tirade too personally.

Finn DID NOT like Baby Bob AT ALL.

As much as we've worked to bring equality to our parenting, there are times when Finn is all about mommy (me), especially after I've been working for a couple days. Well with Baby Bob in the picture, Finn was all about mama. Laughing at mama, trying to get her attention, leaving a clear message that Baby Bob was in his territory.

Back off Baby Bob!!!

Luckily Baby Bob has his own loving family and he's not coming to live with us. If he was I might fear for his safety.

3 Comments:

At 4/14/2008 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole 'hopes he writes bad poetry' thing should ease off a little........this is a kid who has proven he can stand up for what he wants. ;-) He's a little boy who can most certainly be a bruiser when he feels the need; apparently he just chooses his battles!

Thanks for sharing the good and the bad of being a parent so honestly.......it's fun to check in on Finn and see what he and his mommies have been up to. Hearing that he's not the perfect child who is never naughty and/or has no temper tantrums makes me feel better! Just one question, did he leave teeth marks on baby Bob?? (Of course my son NEVER bit anyone....more than once or twice. And he only left marks a couple times!)

Have a wonderful day :-}

Stephanie

PS Any new Finn pics?

I'm a nurse myself and I am constantly analyzing symptoms and behaviors of my almost eight-year-old - it's great to see I'm not the only one!

 
At 4/15/2008 6:02 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Haha. Well, I think they're all jealous at this age. Riley didn't want Angele holding a friend's baby the other day. She wanted to be in Angele's arms IMMEDIATELY. It was like, "Back off newborn! Get your own mommy!"

 
At 4/16/2008 6:18 PM, Blogger Laura said...

This reminds me of a story my 6th grade English teacher told us. Apparently her son loved to bite people when he was little, like 4 or 5, and he wouldn't stop no matter what she tried. So one day she bit him back. He never bit anyone after that.

I'm not suggesting you bite Finn, I just thought it was a funny story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home