Saturday, April 12, 2008

Those Nice Moments

I was tired yesterday. I pulled a double the night before and then had to get up and parent. Finn and I ran a few errands and ended up sitting at one of our favorite grocery stores eating mushroom soup, orzo salad and bread for lunch.

He's the best.

I was just having lunch with my son, feeding him spoonfuls of soup that spilled all over his shirt, letting him feed me handfuls of orzo salad, talking to him, making him giggle and really enjoying my boy. It's hard not to. There was a man and woman sitting down the counter from me having a business lunch and I was convinced that my constant yammering at Finn was probably bothering them. Then the man came up to me and I was sure he was going to tell me how interuptive we were.

Instead he gave me the nicest compliment. He told me it was nice to see a parent interact with their kid because he often observed parents not doing so. That was really sweet. It gave me warm fuzzies the rest of my day.

3 Comments:

At 4/13/2008 8:59 AM, Blogger Carrie Jo said...

That's really nice. I think getting that kind of validation from people really does help and it feels good. Especially when it comes to parenting skills. What parent doesn't worry if they're doing a good enough job?

 
At 4/14/2008 4:33 PM, Blogger evangeline said...

love your blog. been lurking for a few weeks. hope it's ok if we add it to our blogroll. we are a lesbian couple in MA ttc. cheers!

 
At 4/14/2008 5:01 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Please add us to your blogroll. Good luck with your future baby. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home