Monday, September 01, 2008

It's Fair Time

The Fair is a big thing for M. and myself.  After all, M.'s first job ever was at the fair working at the Fischer Scone booth.  When we first met I told M. that K. Falls had a fair that lasted a weekend but the BIG fair was Tulelake which was one whole week.

She laughed at me.  

The Puyallup Fair is almost a whole month of kitschy collectibles, cutesy farm animals, fatty fair food, goofy gadgets and then-some.  It's a fair extravaganza.  

We're taking Finn this year.  I'm so excited because I know that seeing animals, any kind of animal, will elicit shakes of joy and screams of excitement.  Finn LOVES animals.  We won't be able to spend all day at the fair like usual, just a few hours, but it will be a whole new experience going with a toddler.   

It also makes me kind of sad because one day we'll give Finn his pass to go on all the rides, money for food and tell him to meet us back at the gold entrance at a certain time, then try not to worry.  I can't even imagine that I'll ever let him go like that but I know I need to.  Then I think about when he was very very wee and I saw kids who were 17 months old and couldn't imagine coping with having a toddler, but now we have one and it's not as bad as I imagined. 

In the meantime, we have LOTS of years to go to The Fair and have a great time as a family.    

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2008 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very exciting! I love the fair--always have, but the last one I visited made me really want to be able to share it with a child. It's going to be such a great experience for you two to see Finn experience it for the first time. Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home