Thursday, December 29, 2005

Good Morning Starshine

My battle with stress-induced insomnia continues. I'm going to try meditation tonight to see if that will keep me asleep.

The holidays are almost over and I couldn't be happier. We were in the mountains the last couple days with my parents. Between trying to recover from the Cold from Hell and having pulled two shifts prior to leaving, it was no fun. Then the topper. My parents invited some friends along on our annual family trip. Not so good. It was a woman I knew growing up and her new husband. New Husband might take the award for being the biggest ass I've ever met. Here are some choice comments:
  • We should take street alcoholics and lock them up on abandoned military bases
  • Alcoholics are alcoholics simply by choice. They just don't want to work. (I'll add, they must really enjoy sitting on street corners in their own piss begging for change.)
  • When WA state changed their insurance laws "all those people with AIDS from San Francisco" poured into the state because they could manipulate our system.
  • The people in New Orleans didn't leave during Katrina because then they wouldn't know where to pick up their welfare checks.
There's more but I honestly am blocking it out. It was not a conversation I wanted to part of and I think I handled it well. M. on the other hand was about to clock the guy. Needless to say, didn't make for a nice family time.

On the baby front, we have our contract in hand for review. The new development is that DtD's BF will be signing along with M. and myself. I'm really glad that it's not coming down to just myself and DtD. It keeps all parties invested and included. The boys will be back in town soon and then we'll get things rolling.

2 Comments:

At 12/29/2005 7:28 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Yay for the contract! Boo for the biggest ass!

 
At 12/29/2005 9:36 AM, Blogger starevelina said...

Ouch. Not a great way to spend a day! That's good news about the contract, though. With all four of you involved, the paperwork really recognizes what's happening, and that's good to have. Woo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home