Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year's Eve

We're not big NYE types. No drunken parties for these girls. This year NYE is the only holiday I'm not working. And I'm starting a five day stretch off. Why not celebrate?

A friend is coming over for dinner. I think he'll hang with us for the evening but I'm not sure.

I've been sick for two weeks and I'm itching to cook again, so watch out world. The menu: store-bought appies, butternut squash lasagna with toasted walnuts, garliky black kale, and for dessert, orange scented olive oil and almond meal cakes which I think I'm going to glaze with grand marnier. Yum.

We're going to drink the last of the wine we brought back from Napa. A Hagafen chard. And I'll prob pick up some champagne.

Then we're going to a neighborhood bar with the FAB Miss A. to have my last drink of 2005 and maybe my last drink of 2006. Think positive!

By the end of all this I hope to be feeling pleasantly buzzed and relaxed.

Lasty, breakfast. I'm thinking whole wheat waffles with a blueberry compote and fresh apples, black tea served proper, maybe orange juice, sitting around in PJs and contimplating a movie later.

3 Comments:

At 12/31/2005 6:49 PM, Blogger b. said...

Your idea for breakfast? Totally sounds like a plan. Methinks we might do something a little bit more sinful, say buttermilk pancakes on my new griddle. Scrumptious. Hope you both had a fabulous New Year's Eve!

 
At 1/01/2006 6:15 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

happy new year!

now about this squash lasagne...RECIPE PLEASE!!

 
At 1/01/2006 7:01 AM, Blogger Eryn said...

Sounds great! Happy new year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home