Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Crazies Set In

I'm feeling increasingly crazy. I keep having these thoughts that MAYBE I'm actually pregnant after all.

And the crazies are all DtD's fault.

When DtD was born he was technically a premie, except he was around nine pounds. We are both of the opinion that he was probably not born early and it's most likely his mother had some spotting and was actually pregnant earlier than she thought.

Now, whenever I get my period, he says something to the effect that I still could be pregnant, despite the blood gushing from my body. Because it happened to dear ol' mum. And it's making me absolutely CRAZY.

I know my body very well and I know what my period feels like. But part of me keeps saying to myself, "but maybe you're pregnant. You just had that martini, maybe you're pregnant...you just filled a tampon per hour, maybe you're pregnant....you're feeling nausous from cramps, but is it REALLY from cramps....your temp is low, but you could still be pregnant...."

And maybe I'm going to give birth to the second coming of Jesus. I mean REALLY!

I have a bad, bad case of the crazies.

8 Comments:

At 2/26/2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Sophia said...

youre not alone. I have had at least two cycles where I wasn't sure my period was for real

 
At 2/26/2006 11:28 AM, Blogger charlotte said...

SOunds maddening. Although those feelings seem totally normal to me...maybe DtD should keep those comments to himself?? I don't think it is helpful in your process. He had no idea, probably, how much it Fs with you for him to say that.

 
At 2/26/2006 11:35 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

Poor boy really doesn't know how much it fucks with my head. If he did, I know he would zip the lip. If he does it again next cycle I'll probably say something.

 
At 2/26/2006 12:59 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

Sacha, did you get an email from me on Friday?

 
At 2/26/2006 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO... I was sitting here thinking to myself that yes, I had my period nine days ago, and yes it was a pretty heavy one, but my temps are oddly up and maybe, just maybe, I should sneak to the bathroom and indulge my crazies by testing. Then I though better of it and decided to distract myself by reading my favorite blogs (of which yours is one). :-)

 
At 2/27/2006 7:59 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Kristin's periods are always really light. So there were times when we wondered... but since we never really bothered with the HPTs and just went in for blood tests, those thoughts were fleeting... I can still understand the crazies, though.

 
At 2/27/2006 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally understand. Last time we tried to get pregnant, I did the same thing. My period came, but it was different than usual, so I was trying to convince myself that I could be pregnant. I took like 3 tests and they were all negative. This time, I'm not going to even think about it.

 
At 2/28/2006 6:28 AM, Blogger Eryn said...

I am there with you. My last period was so light that I started thinking- oh maybe this isn't for real, maybe I am really pregnant. I know I am not, but I don't I'll be convinced until I get my period this month.

Thanks for this post. I thought I was going crazy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home