Saturday, February 18, 2006

To Test or Not to Test

THIS IS NOT A BFP...JUST AN OPK....

I've been purposely not talking about the TWW but I need some HELP!!!

We decided to wait until this coming Friday to do our HPT for this cycle. Most likely if we are NOT preggo, my period will start before that time. I also don't want to start the pee-on-a-stick roller coaster any time sooner than I have to.

M. wants to test on Tuesday.

Why?

Well, my luteal phase tends to be on the short side, usually ten or eleven days. In order for Gert to stick (should she need to) we may need progesterone supplements. I just had my progesterone level checked so we'll know on Tuesday if my levels are really low, but it could be too late for Gert. I'm also going to start using the natural progesterone cream tonight.

Two other significant pieces of info:
  • My boobs are bigger. I'm convinced I've just been eating too much candy. Well, not really. But I have been eating a lot. But my bra isn't fitting as well. And it's pissing me off.
  • I'm an emotional moody mess. I cried at the doctor's office. I almost cried when I saw my patient assignment this morning. The world is crushing me left and right. Whaaaaaa!

And NONE of this means I'm pregnant. NONE OF IT. That's the one lesson I've learned. There is nothing we can rely on, no one definative sign. Have I mentioned that I hate the TWW?

So, help me...do I stand my ground and insist on waiting until Friday? Or do I give into M. and we test on Tuesday?

10 Comments:

At 2/18/2006 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cd is Tuesday? I must say, the first thing I saw when I came to your blog today was that photo and I FREAKED OUT thinking it was a picture of your BFP.... I really hope you get one (regardless of whether it be Tuesday or Friday)!

 
At 2/18/2006 7:04 PM, Blogger M. said...

Tuesday will be 10dpo. Yes, when Sacha told me she used that pic, I KNEW it would freak folks out. No, it's not a HPT, it's her very clear +OPK from this cycle...nice and dark. : )

 
At 2/18/2006 7:09 PM, Blogger Sophia said...

LOL on the stick

just take the test already its more maddening to stop yourself from taking than just take it and feel silly when it shows a BFN because its to early

 
At 2/18/2006 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think 10 dpo is very reasonable to start testing. :-)

 
At 2/18/2006 9:47 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

Take the test if it feels like something to do (to occupy you). Don't ake it if a neg will get you down. I wanted to pee on things, so I started at 7DPO. But, as I said, I like peeing on stuff.

 
At 2/19/2006 3:52 AM, Blogger party b said...

I never tested before the progesterone was back... ... then I tested like MAD waiting to see if it was + or not!!!

 
At 2/19/2006 4:54 AM, Blogger Eryn said...

i'd poas. i fought the urge until my last cycle. then i went to the dollar store and bought 5 hpts so i could use one a day! it made me feel better.

 
At 2/20/2006 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that if you have a test that's sensitive enough (one that can detect in the 15 range like 1st Early Response) than you should go for it. I'm going to go for it. This is my partner's and my first go at IUI (we did it on Valentine's Day and I ovulated a number of hours later!) and I am 6 DPO. I am testing on Friday - 10 DPO... this is when my pregnancy test kit says I can test so I say why not? Good luck to you guys... and say a prayer that Canadian marriage for same sex couples doesn't dissolve with Mr. I Have Cold Dead Blue Eyes... Lara and I were married just last summer and we will be mightily upset if things go south in that regard. But that's a whole other conversation...

Regarding the bigger boobs and the emotional roller coaster... I, too, have felt that I've grown and it was noticable shortly after I ovulated (of course, this is continual wishful thinking for someone with an A cup). So, I may be hedging my bets on the boob factor, but I know for a FACT that there is something going on with my personality - because I can't even stand to be around me .... this is not my typical PMS behaviour. My partner is actually worried that, if I am pregnant, than she's in for a REALLY rough 9 months...

Good luck you guys... and go for the test on Tuesday.

Stef

 
At 2/20/2006 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wednesday!

 
At 2/20/2006 4:33 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

I start peeing on things around cd 10. I have short LP's as well so always feel guilty for testing "early" but I never make it to cd 13.

crossing ALL fingers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home