Friday, March 17, 2006

Photo Friday: Young Sacha

No period. Still spotting. Blood test scheduled for Monday at 08:30.

Enough of that. On to Photo Friday.
The really sad thing is that we have NO pics of M. when she was younger. This is because her parents didn't talk to her for seven years after she came out and we never got to raid the family photo album for adorable pics of my sweet girl. So here are some of me...

Sacha and Dad

This is my at 1 y/o (year old in short hand) with my dad.

Considering that I'm 5'9" and rather strapping, and my parents are both shorter and more petite than me, I've been asked more than one time if I might be adopted. You can't see it here, but I actually look a lot like my pops, which rules out the milkman theory. And I'm pretty sure my mother went through labor with me since she's reminded me of it on occasion. Makes me wonder if our baby will look a lot of DtD, which then makes me want to ensure his family is never around that baby so they can make that connection.

Sacha at the Beach

I think this one is from Florida and may have been my first visit ever to the ocean. I'm 2 y/o.

Growing up we used to go camping on the Oregon coast all the time, despite the fact that it was about a six hour drive that included having to drive down into California to get onto 101, and usually had us pulling into the campground in the middle of the night and putting up the tent in freezing fog.

Years later M. and I drove from Seattle to San Francisco and stopped at Lake Shasta on our way down. I was stunned at how beautiful the area was. I asked my mom why we never camped at Shasta, which was less than two hours away from where we lived. She answered: "We liked the beach."

Sacha Around 2 y/o

Looking at the surroundings, this is from before we moved to Oregon, we're probably living in Sumner, WA. I can still remember the Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls that my dad's cousin made me.

I used to get a lot of handmade gifts from relatives. My grandma made me this fabulous orange knit stuffed cat that I named Lucy. Then she gave my brother the same stuffed cat but in brown. We decided since I had Lucy, his cat needed a corresponding name. And that's how my brother's stuffed cat came to be named Lucifer. He he, devil child from the start.

Sacha and Little Bro

This is my favorite picture of us together. According to my mum, we got along. All I remember was the minute he cried about anything, I got in trouble for doing it. Here we are at nature's wonder, Crater Lake.

4 Comments:

At 3/17/2006 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been lurking around for a while and wanted to send you some support. Hang in there!

My partner and I went through the same thing last summer and the waiting after each try is killer. I peed on a lotta sticks and when my girlfriend finally saw that pink line it was so faint that I didn't believe her. I'm now 34 1/2 weeks though - it'll work eventually and you'll look back on this time with nostalgia!

 
At 3/17/2006 5:56 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

thank you anonymous. ::big hug:: That really helps to hear people's stories. I'm not convinced that I'll look back on this fondly, but maybe it will make a somewhat funny story.

 
At 3/18/2006 6:25 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Those are great pics! And it is so sad about Megan. Hopefully you two will get a chance to raid in the near future. What I hate is the fact Kristin and I have all the baby pictures of her that we're pretty sure exist anymore (she had a rough childhood and most of the very few pictures that were taken were lost or destroyed) and they're not great. Enough to see that Julia takes after Kristin, but not good enough to really blow up into sizes decent enough to frame. I still can't believe how BLONDE you were!

 
At 3/18/2006 6:33 AM, Blogger Sophia said...

Great pics! And I know about the pics. My dad kept all the pictures out of spite after the divorce and I would smuggle them out of the house to send to my mom and never really grabbed for myself. The pic I had posted was from the baby pics portion of my high school yearbook.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home