Monday, April 10, 2006

Day 10: Distraction and a Sandwich

So by today we would usually be driven crazy, I'd probably be spotting and in pure desperation, we'd have peed on a stick this morning guaranteeing that I'd start my period this evening.

Okay, I'm being a little dramatic.

We're starting to feel the crazies, but not too bad.

Our original plan was to wait longer to POAS this time because of the progesterone and the assumption that my luteal phase would push out. But things are looking GOOD. Temps are up. I'm not spotting AT ALL, only those two instances around what could have been implantation.

Our original POAS day is Thursday (something to do with some random horoscope I read) but we're considering tomorrow morning. Because although she won't admit it, M. thinks i'm preggers and thinks it would be nice to get confirmation sooner than later.

In the meantime, here's my new favorite veggie sandwich recipe. I can't stop eating these, they are SO good:

2 slices of whole wheat bread (Seattle area peeps, Old Mill Bread Company honey whole wheat at PCC is the BEST)
1/2 advocado, sliced
1 roma tomato, sliced
1 BIG handful sprouts (sub lettuce if you're a sprout hater)
Drunken Goat artisan goat cheese (it's soaked in wine), sliced
Mama Lil's peppers (another Seattle thing, get a jar if you can)
Mayo
Salt and Pepper to taste

Toast the bread (a must). Spread each slice with mayo. Layer onto slices: advocado, tomato, cheese and a few Mama Lil's peppers. Salt and pepper. Top with sprouts. Put slices together. Enjoy.

8 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Trista said...

YUMMY (except for the whole Mayo thing) If you do end up coming to the beach house, will you cook for us?

 
At 4/10/2006 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with this round you guys!

 
At 4/10/2006 12:23 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

Trista - I will totally cook for you! Love to cook.

Merr - thanks kiddo! I'm crossing everything I have.

 
At 4/10/2006 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck for test day! I really liked EPT and Answer Early brands. I can't wait for the day when I come to babycakes and see a big ole positive pee stick!

 
At 4/10/2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Crossing all of my appendages for you this month!

Go Bambi!!!

 
At 4/10/2006 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I can't eat avocado but everything else sounds divine. You sound so calm and collected this time around - I think it bodes well for Bambi!

 
At 4/10/2006 6:35 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

I AM calm and it feels good.

Are you allergic to advocados? I've been eating about two a week, they're so good.

 
At 4/11/2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

yum- that sounds so amazingly good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home