Monday, May 08, 2006

The Birthday is Done!


I'm officially 35.

We had a great little party at the house with just a few of our closest friends, probably about seven people. It was a dessert potluck (Jessica's idea) and was really FUN! We had party hats!

I'd decided to invite DtD and BF even though the thought of mixing them with my other friends was sending us into the occasional panic. Especially since most of them know who he is, and if they don't, they know we're using a KD and he was our only guy friend there. It all worked out.

My mom gave me Deborah Madison's new Vegetable Soups cookbook.

M. gave me the Martha Stewart baker and SOCKS!!!! I love socks :) And she coordinated our little party like a champ so I could relax and talk and enjoy my bday. Best. Wife. Ever.

We test tomorrow. Yes kids, I've made it to day 11. I have this strange light spotting, kind of creamy brown, but it's not increasing. I'm starting to feel that little devil, Hope, creep into my heart. Maybe Lopez will stick around for my bday.

In the meantime, our house is clean, our bed is freshly made and I'm feeling very content.

ETA: Well, we tested and M. and I are debating whether or not we see something. In the meantime, looks like my period has reared its ugly head. GRRRRR.... That answers the question of whether or not we saw a line. Looks like we're onto cycle six.

11 Comments:

At 5/09/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger Trista said...

Wait, does that mean no Beach? Oh, um, that was the wrong response. I am so very sorry. No, I really am. I know this sounds all sarcastic, but it isn't. I sound the most sarcastic when I'm the most sincere. That really sucks. I know how disappointing it is to reach try #5 and have it not work.

On a more positive note, I do think I can tell a difference in your hair.

 
At 5/09/2006 2:01 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

I think we'd be leaving on cycle day twelve and I've been ovulating on twelve. We have to decide if we're going to insem under less than ideal conditions or just skip this cycle and have a nice vaca! Either way...BEACH! We need a break.

I'm really doing okay with our continuing failure. We have another chance very soon. And a good donor who is doing a great job of being a cat-uncle. And I have a WONderful wife. And good friends. So the baby thing is taking some time and a little of my soul, but I'm strong enough to stand it.

 
At 5/09/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Calliope said...

oh honey. I am so sorry.

But glad that you had a fab birthday (pot luck dessert??? YUM!) and that you were surrounded by the ones that you love.

& your hair does look very glossy!

 
At 5/09/2006 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy bday! your party sounds delic! great idea!!

sorry about Hope. i hate when your (my!) body tricks you into having some of that crap.

still thinking lots of positive thoughts for the two of you.

 
At 5/09/2006 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so happy, and so does your hair! I'm glad you had such a great birthday =) Sorry about Hope...maybe she just needs a little vacation to come back refreshed, too.

What a cool party idea. That's it, next lifetime, I'm gettin' me a wife =)

 
At 5/09/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Sophia said...

glad you have a wonderful birthday and sorry about the newest round with AF

 
At 5/09/2006 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit. I am so impressed with how both of you are handling this. I know how depressing every BFN can be. If it's any consolation, M and I were talking about it was neat that we might all be pregnant together after we met you guys. We're planning to get back on the TTC express after one more cycle, so maybe your beach vacation and our cleanse will result in two BFPs? I sure hope so...

 
At 5/10/2006 9:26 AM, Blogger charlotte said...

Oh. So sorry about Lopez. You gals are doing so well through this (and I mean that including the tears and freaking out). I send my love to you both.

 
At 5/10/2006 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I am so bummed about your BFN. Glad you are looking towards this next month. fxfx

 
At 5/11/2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Glad that you had a great birthday - great photo!
Sorry to hear of the start of cycle six though :o(

 
At 5/11/2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm sorry for the lack of positive results. I too think your hair is looking shinier which has got to count for something.

Potentially annoying advice ahead: I was looking at your FF charts and thought maybe for the next try you could do inseminations two days after a positive OPK. I mean I don't really know anything other than internet info. My ovulation was all over the place and we had frozen sperm, so what the hell do I know. But maybe you are on the later end of ovulating 12-48 hours after the positive OPK test.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home