Friday, May 05, 2006

It takes pains to be beautiful...


M. was cleaning the bathroom cabinet out and found an old brick of henna from Lush so M. and I decided to henna my massive head of hair tonight. It's worth sharing the picture.

This picture is supposed to be revenge for a pic I took of M. maybe six years ago of her wearing a French green clay mask. The green-face picture still can't be beat.

A few more hours of cling wrap and...tada...my hair will probably not look much different. At least it kills time.

We continue to have the most sane TWW yet. I've decided not to temp and M. has dutifully respected my decision. It makes everything so much better to not have the POTENTIAL PREGNANCY staring me in the face every morning at 0500. It's also letting me get some better sleep.

My acupuncturist says we're making progress...slow progress, but progress. That's good news since I've been working hard to take what she recommends to heart.

AND...my birthday is Monday. Which means it really starts today. I love my birthday...it's a Taurus thing. Yay 35!!

11 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Sacha
Happy birthday to you!

Have a great weekend, and way to go on the sane TWW. All day everywhere I went there were newborn babies and today I heard that 4 people on my TTC list got pregnant - there's something in the air!

 
At 5/05/2006 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to a fellow Earth sign (I'm a Virgo)! Your hair will be all soft and shiny for its 35th anniversary =) You have such pretty eyes..are they sea green? (Gee, they would go great with a clay mask..)

Crossing fingers and toes here during your TWW. Glad you and M. are staying sane. Are you going to bake your birthday cake together?

 
At 5/05/2006 10:27 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

The eyes...I call them No Color eyes. If I wear blue, they look blue. If I wear green, they look green. I've had people tell me they're definately blue and others that they're definately green. So...no color eyes. In this pic, def green.

The cake...funnily enough, I'm baking a cake at the moment for my friend Laura (May 1st). Then we may bake another cake for my mom on Sunday (her bday is April 27th so we often celebrate together). For my actual bday, we're having a dessert potluck and all my (seven) friends are going to make ME dessert. Yay!

 
At 5/06/2006 6:12 PM, Blogger Lo said...

As you probably know from my post, I also have No Color eyes (and that is actually exactly what I call them). I stressed about what to put on my driver's license.

Henna is awesomely fun. Happy birthday!!!

 
At 5/06/2006 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I am going to steal the dessert idea. I'd love for my friends to make me a buffet of deserts.

 
At 5/07/2006 7:30 AM, Blogger EJW said...

I found temping to be a hard balance. I definitely liked knowing when I was ovulating and when to expect my period, but the daily fluctuations made for too much over-analysis and stress. So I temped right around ovulation, to be sure it happened, then stopped until about 10 DPO (my LP was 12 days). It made for some wacky looking charts, but my head was much better.

 
At 5/07/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow! Enjoy all those desserts ;o)

I'm glad that the not-temping is helping the 2ww anxieties - I found it so much easier to remain sane (and positive) in my last 2ww. And with IVF, I'm not even going to need to temp at all - hurrah!

 
At 5/08/2006 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sacha!

 
At 5/08/2006 7:28 AM, Blogger Trista said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I can't believe I get to tell you that in person in 13 days!!

 
At 5/08/2006 10:32 AM, Blogger Calliope said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

 
At 5/08/2006 11:52 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you get your birthday wish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home