Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Egg Baby

During our, ahem, journey...to put it nicely...toward pregnancy M. and I had many instances where we were wiping and checking toilet paper, desperately wishing the pink, brown, red spotting we were seeing might, just might, maybe, perhaps, possibly, OH LORD PLEASE...be the infamous, legendary, stuff of myth...implantation spotting.

When we were in our last TWW I went to the bathroom while we on the ferry heading toward the penninsula for our camping trip. And there it was...

THE EGG BABY

Have you ever cracked an egg and noticed that stringy little bit of brownish/whitish opaque egg white that clings to the yolk, the little bit that simply refuses to seperate in any neat manner? That is what M. and I call THE EGG BABY.

There I was, staring at my very own egg baby, a stringy little bit of dark brown, mucousy STUFF (yeah, yeah, TMI), clinging stubbornly to the toilet paper. I would normally try to get M.'s attention then shove the toilet paper in her face, demanding that she evaluate every little aspect.

But I couldn't. We were on the ferry, after all.

So I carefully placed the egg baby on a clean piece of toilet paper, folded it, walked out into the washroom outside the bathroom, trying to pretend that there was nothing out of the ordinary about my journey. I grabbed M. and hissed...

M., look at this. It's an egg baby.

She looked at the toilet paper that I was gingerly cradling in my hand as we huddled in the corner, looked back at me and said...

Look at what?

She swears to this day that she saw nothing of significance.

And that was our implantation spotting, which we have lovingly now nicknamed...The Egg Baby. It was tiny, M. missed it, and it happened on the Washington State Ferry system.

5 Comments:

At 8/27/2006 10:44 PM, Blogger charlotte said...

Dude. It is not TMI for me as I love the gorey details, but 'egg baby' is a GROSS name ladies!

 
At 8/28/2006 10:45 AM, Blogger Sacha said...

It's funny, not gross. He he. Maybe you just have to be us...which no one would really want to be.

 
At 8/28/2006 12:22 PM, Blogger Estelle said...

Oh dear. Please, please darling... tell me you didn't keep it. Please tell me that.

Even if you kept it... lie.

 
At 8/29/2006 8:31 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

LOL--that's hilarious.

I never had any implantation bleeding and it was one of those things we would search for every two week wait.

 
At 8/30/2006 9:15 PM, Blogger Michele (Moosh) said...

And oh, joy of joys, just wait til you lose your mucus plug. I'll be sure to stick around for that blog entry....

;-) Michele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home