Thursday, August 17, 2006

Keeping Secrets

How can anyone keep pregnancy a secret?

Maybe it's just me. I'm a very vocal person and when I don't feel good, I make noises. Little moaning I-Feel-Like-Crap noises. And you know what? Pregnancy don't feel so great.

Yes, dear readers, I'm getting sicker. Still not puking, but it would be nice to have my stomach back. I'm tired of this constantly queasy, car sick feeling. I'm tired of being tired. I'm tired of all the strange little aches and pains that plague me. I want me back.

And yes, I'll take some cheese and crackers with my whine.

Funnily, I'm starting to forget what it felt like to feel normal. I guess this will make me appreciate it all the more when I start feeling better in six looooooooong weeks.

Although it's still early and too shakey for my taste, I'm glad we've told people. It makes it better that others know why I'm so miserable.

7 weeks today.

Yikes.

6 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That visembryo 7 weeker is disturbing to me. There are much more friendly ones elsewhere with things resembling faces. But still, I go back to visembryo hoping to read something so fascinating that it will knock the yuck feeling right out of me. So far... no.

 
At 8/17/2006 7:54 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I hate to break it to you but you're not necessarily going to feel better in 6 weeks...Count on kind of feeling like your body is not your own for the rest of the pregnancy.

 
At 8/17/2006 8:52 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Time flies, eh? 7 weeks already! Wow.

I do feel less "car sick" here at 13 weeks but trust me, you don't feel normal. I still get fatigue at times and the round ligament pain started yesterday. Plus I still feel "car sick" from time to time. I hear it might get better. It is definitely better than at 7 weeks but just be prepared to feel not yourself for a while. Of course, it's all worth it in the end, right? :)

 
At 8/17/2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Tamsin said...

Congrats on the 7 weeks! Does this mean that you will be having a scan soon?

It is totally weird how your body is suddenly taken over by this growing being. I really can't remember what "normal" felt like.

 
At 8/17/2006 11:50 AM, Blogger Briar said...

I kind of freaked out the other night when I realized how not-my-own my body was and how it really won't be mine not just for these nine months but for the year I hope to breastfeed after that. Freaky stuff. I really think that when you try hard and long to have a baby, you think that pregnancy is going to be really lovely and that you will just be so happy if you can get knocked up that the rest won't matter. But... it matters. It's still weird as hell to watch and feel this stuff.

 
At 8/17/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Estelle said...

yet another reason my body is not for rent. ick.
but, like jennifer says... you might be like this the whole pg. says the partner of the girl who lost almost 20 pounds her first trimester from not being able to eat... yet still delivered an 11.5 pound kid.
all for the baby... it's all for the baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home