Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Ticking Clock of Pregnancy

TTC is a toroturously infinate process. There's no way to know when it will end. Then you get the BFP and all of the sudden you have a certain amount of time before everything will change.

Yikes.

Most people think about that moment when you body will force you to push that baby through what seems like such a tiny hole. Once you're pregnant, that baby has to come out and it's only a matter of time. Tick...tick...tick....

Not me. What is my clock ticking about? What has suddenly become unavoidable? What am I worried that I may not be able to get through? In approximately seven months and thirteen years we will be the parents of a...TEENAGER.

It's no longer a concept, we cannot avoid it, and it might just be more painful than giving birth.

5 Comments:

At 8/20/2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I hear you. The teen years scare the crap out of me.

 
At 8/20/2006 10:51 AM, Blogger Elowyn said...

LOL! Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm 13 years probably almost precisely from being the mama of a teenager, and a teenage *GIRL* at that. Oh boy. Better start stocking the liquor cabinet now. :P

 
At 8/20/2006 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally get you...mine just turned a year and I'm freaking out about teaching her how to drive. Maybe we could all go in on a big bottle of Xanax when the time comes, yes?

 
At 8/20/2006 9:34 PM, Blogger Smithie said...

Call me Crazy Mary Sunshine, but I'm completely stoked about having a teenager. I am sooooo looking forward to talking with my kids about adult-type things like politics and literature and sex. Right now, 80% of my conversations with James are about cows and other furry mammals :-)

 
At 8/21/2006 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything you think about how much it will suck is totally true. I speak from experience. The only cure is to laugh at them. Preferably with a partner or close friend while hiding in the bathroom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home