Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Our First Ultrasound

When M. and I met with Midwife Sally we discussed my DVT history. For any layfolks out there, DVT stands for deep vein thrombosis. Turns out that I'll probably have to see a perinatologist for a consultation and they may put me on either a low dose of aspirin or lovanox.

If I think about it too much it makes me a wee bit stressed.

Anyway, the perinatologist will want to see an ultrasound. So we're getting one. Today. At 1:50.

Part of me is excited. We finally get to see the baby. Part of me is worried. I've known two people now who found out their baby was dead during an ultrasound.

As the great homo voyeur, singer/sage, George Michael says...

Ya gotta have faith.

Or was that Wake me up before you go go?

4 Comments:

At 9/05/2006 12:48 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

I'm sure it will go well! It'll be so exciting to see the baby's heartbeat for the first time and know it's all okay in there! Let us know as soon as you're done!!!

 
At 9/05/2006 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been having great symptoms.... I can't wait to hear about your first ultrasound experience. Good luck!

 
At 9/05/2006 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

on a complete tangent... wake me up before you go go is the song i want played at my funeral.

 
At 9/14/2006 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you ladies. :)

My partner's mom developed DVT with her first child, and when she later became pregnant with Kimmie (my partner) doctors overwhelmingly urged her to abort. She was lucky, though. Kimmie was an easy pregnancy and a very quick delivery, unlike her big brother!

I hope you're blessed with similar luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home