Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My uterus hurts when I sneeze

It's a strange thing that as I get bigger I'm starting to constantly feel my uterus. When I bend down, I feel it. When I twist and turn, I feel it. When I sneeze, I feel it. I mean, OW!

No one tells you that being pregnant leaves you with a tender tummy. Mine doesn't really like being poked and prodded. It just wants to be left alone. I grin and bear it when the midwife starts poking around. Poor M. wants to poke and prod my poor tender tums, hoping to catch a little feel of the baby. All I can do is grimace. I can't even have the cat on my tums.

Then there's the pressure. A couple times a day the baby decides to attempt crawling out my belly button. Beth suggested we place tape over it to keep the Unnamed One in. He he.

That's life with an enlarged uterus. There's another being the size of a small zucchini somehwhere in my abdomen and I'm still not entirely sure where it is. It's all very strange.

6 Comments:

At 11/08/2006 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to have that weird sensation coming from INSIDE my bellybutton! Your uterus goes from being the size of a pear to being the size of a soccer ball so it's only natural that it feel tender. It's OK not to like it when someone else touches it, it does feel strange sometimes!

 
At 11/09/2006 3:05 PM, Blogger Lil Jimmi said...

Just wait 'til you pee yourself when you sneeze. I'm not even kidding. :-)

 
At 11/10/2006 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had a horrible cold this week, and I have been coughing and sneezing so much that I swear I was going to give birth to this kid a few months early! Holy smoke does it ever hurt...and ditto to the previous poster about the peeing. Yeah, I've been in pads again this week just to take care of that little problem!

 
At 11/11/2006 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My uterus hurt when I sneezed too. It's amazing how many things you don't hear about prior to the pregnancy. Not that I would have changed my mind but it was interesting to experience things that you never expected to feel. it'll only get better too ; )

 
At 11/12/2006 4:11 PM, Blogger Mermaidgrrrl said...

I have all kinds of aches and pains too. The worst is when I roll over in bed too fast to turn the light off - OUCH! And the peeing thing - I threw up so hard the other night I peed on the bathroom floor while I vomited. Niiiiiiiice. It's a world of glamour this pregnancy thing.

 
At 12/24/2006 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally relate to the peeing while vomiting. Whoever said motherhood was glorious was on crack. What's worse is if you happen to have an accident while giving labor. Some significant others are not considerate enough to keep it to themselves and insist on sharing the sordid detail with everyone they meet after birth. Like mine. As if the act of labor wasn't traumatizing enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home